This week has been a pretty good week. On the big snow day, my family grabbed some dinner from Sammy's Cucina (my uncle's italian dine-in/carry out resturaunt) LOVE THE FOOD THERE! But let's just say, not diet friendly. However, I highly recommend the 'Michigan Cherry Salad.' Not italian but delicious! I'm not one to like blu cheese, so I ask that that be substituted with goat cheese and I get grilled chicken breast on top. The small is enough for 2 meals so I make sure I save half for the next day and it's a great meal!
My work outs have continued in the gym; this week completed week 3 of my training program; leaving me with 1 week left. I have seen some changes, definition in my arms and people at the gym are commenting that they are seeing the changes. Officially down to a size 8. My 10's fit but are loose fitting, almost now not comfortable because I'm pulling them up and readjusting them. Same with my work out yoga pants, I feel bad for the poor soul behind me during spinning class.
I've lost 8 lbs so far and I am planning on changing my diet up this week. I'm going to go from 40 to 35 grams a fat and from 60 to 55 grams of carbs and try to hit my protein goals daily. (120 g) Bring on the EGG WHITES!
Today is an off day for training/cardio and I'm cooking dinner
I used women's fitness magazine and fitness magazine to get some low carb low fat recipes for dinner:
Dinner is starting with pan-sauteed chicken breasts that are stuffed with 1 oz low fat mozzarella and basil, a portion controlled serving of sweet potato wedges (lightly seasoned with light brown sugar, only 1/4 c for the whole recipe) and then a spinach casserole ( spinach, part-skim ricotta cheese and 4 egg whites; bake on 350 for 1 hr) My Carbs for this meal are around 25, my protein around 40 and my fat around 15. It's a pretty heavy meal but should be overall taste-bud satisfying and will keep me in my goals for the day.
Stay tuned my fellow knotties; I have some wedding questions coming your way!



0 comments:
Post a Comment